These Vegan Peanut Butter and Jelly Overnight Oats are the perfect quick breakfast. They are super creamy, healthy, filling, and easy to make. Made with rolled oats, vegan yogurt, chia seeds, and peanut butter. Let the oats soak overnight, swirl in strawberry jam, and your breakfast is ready.
THESE PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY OVERNIGHT OATS ARE
- gluten-free (if you use certificate gluten-free oats)
- super creamy
- peanut buttery
- quick and easy to make
- made with 7 ingredients
- so delicious
- perfect make-ahead breakfast or snack
WHAT ARE OVERNIGHT OATS?
Overnight oats are (usually) rolled oats soaked in liquid in the fridge overnight and don’t require any cooking. It’s a simple grab-and-go breakfast or snack, perfect for meal prep, that is eaten straight from the refrigerator.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE PB AND J OVERNIGHT OATS
You need the following ingredients to make these Vegan Peanut Butter and Jelly Overnight Oats (the exact measurements are in the recipe card below):
- Rolled oats – also known as old-fashioned oats. They are the best for overnight oats. Quick oats absorb more liquid and turn out soggy. For a gluten-free version, use certificate gluten-free oats.
- Chia seeds – absorb the liquid and thickens the overnight oats. They make the oats more filling, plus they are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids and fiber.
- Vegan yogurt – Makes the oats super creamy. I like to use coconut yogurt but use any plant-based yogurt of your choice.
- Natural peanut butter – adds creaminess and perfect taste to the oats. You can substitute for tahini or any nut butter, such as almond, cashew, or pecan butter.
- Maple syrup – adds the perfect amount of sweetness. You can also use agave syrup or stevia instead.
- Unsweetened almond milk – You can use any plant-based milk, such as oat, soy, or cashew milk.
- Strawberry jam – I like to use unsweetened strawberry jam, but feel free to use any type of jam, such as raspberry, apricot, cherry, or blackberry.
Equipment you need:
- Two jars or glasses
OVERNIGHT OATS TOPPING IDEAS
- peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- chopped nuts
- fresh berries
- hemp seeds
- shredded coconut or coconut chips
- cocoa nibs
- chocolate chips
- pumpkin seeds
- ground cinnamon
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY OVERNIGHT OATS
You will find the instructions and ingredients list in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Making this PB&J Overnight Oats is super easy and comes with 3 following steps:
1. Step: Combine the ingredients
In a bowl, combine rolled oats and chia seeds. Then add vegan yogurt, peanut butter, maple syrup, and unsweetened almond milk. Mix well until combined. Cover the bowl and place it into the fridge to soak.
2. Step: Refrigerate overnight
Refrigerate the oats for at least 3 hours, or overnight (the oats and chia seeds will absorb the most of the almond milk).
3. Step: Swirl in strawberry jam, add toppings and serve
Once overnight oats are set up, take them from the fridge, and stir a few times with a spoon. Divide into 2 jars or glasses and swirl in strawberry jam. Top with more peanut butter, fresh berries, or granola.
Serve and enjoy!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
CAN I USE QUICK OATS INSTEAD OF ROLLED OATS FOR OVERNIGHT OATS?
Yes, you can use quick oats instead of rolled oats, but they can turn a little mushy and less creamy. Rolled oats, also called old-fashioned oats, are the best option when it comes to overnight oats.
CAN OVERNIGHT OATS BE WARMED UP?
Yes! If you prefer your oats to be warm, you can definitely warm them up. Transfer them into a saucepan and warm up over medium heat.
HOW LONG OVERNIGHT OATS LAST?
Overnight oats can last for about 4-5 days in the fridge.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE FOLLOWING:
- Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
- Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- Chocolate Protein Smoothie Bowl
- Cinnamon French Toast
- Maple Pecan Granola
- Strawberry Oatmeal Cookies
If you try this recipe, please let me know by leaving a comment below, as well as giving a rating so that others may find this recipe. Also, share your photo on Instagram and tag @plantifulbakery.
VEGAN PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY OVERNIGHT OATS
- 1 cup (90g) rolled oats*
- 1 tbsp (11g) chia seeds
- ½ cup (120g) coconut yogurt, (or any plant-based yogurt)
- 2 tbsp (30g) natural peanut butter
- 3 tbsp (55g) maple syrup
- 1 cup (250ml) unsweetened almond milk , (use any plant-based milk)
- 4 tbsp (60g) strawberry jam, unsweetened
- peanut butter
- chopped peanuts
- fresh berries
- granola, shredded coconut, hemp seeds, …
- In a bowl, combine rolled oats and chia seeds. Then add coconut yogurt, peanut butter, maple syrup, and unsweetened almond milk. Mix well until combined. Cover the bowl and place it into the fridge for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- Once overnight oats are set up, take them from the fridge, and stir a few times with a spoon. Divide into 2 jars or glasses and swirl in strawberry jam. Top with more peanut butter, fresh berries, or granola.
- Serve and enjoy!
Storage:Overnight oats can last for about 4-5 days in the fridge. Please read my blog post above for tips and helpful information.
Serving: 1 serving / Calories: 563kcal / Total Fat: 22,4g / Saturated Fat: 6,6g / Cholesterol: 0mg / Total Carbohydrate: 81,1g / Fiber: 13,7g / Sugar: 34,1g / Protein: 14,1g / Sodium: 83mg / Potassium: 398mg / Iron: 5,5mg / Calcium: 336mg
* Nutrition Facts are counted without any toppings.
Leave a Reply