Tento příspěvek je dostupný i v Češtině
Super creamy vegan eggnog recipe! It’s rich, boozy, sweet, egg-free, dairy-free, and so easy to make. A perfect drink for the holidays!
THIS EGGNOG IS
- gluten-free (if using certificate oat milk)
- so delicious
- made with cashews
- easy to make
- perfect holiday drink
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE CREAMY VEGAN EGGNOG
You need the following ingredients to make this vegan eggnog (the exact measurements are in the recipe card below):
- Cashews – make the eggnog super creamy. Soak the cashew in water for at least 2 hours.
- Plant-based milk – Use any plant-based milk of your choice, such as almond, oat, or soy milk.
- Vegan condensed milk – click here for my easy homemade condensed milk recipe.
- Dark rum – You can also use bourbon or brandy or skip the alcohol if you don’t drink it (and substitute it for plant-based milk).
- Salt – balances the sweetness.
- Turmeric – adds color to the drink.
- Nutmeg and cinnamon – add delicious warm flavor.
Equipment you need:
- High-speed blender – If you have a good quality high-speed blender, you don’t have to soak the cashews.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST CREAMY VEGAN EGGNOG
You will find the instructions and ingredients list in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
1. Step: Blend cashews and milk
To the high-speed blender, add soaked cashews and oat milk and blend on high speed until smooth and creamy.
2. Step: Add the rest of the ingredients and blend
Add in vegan condensed milk, rum, a pinch of salt, turmeric, ground nutmeg and cinnamon. Blend to combine. Taste, add more spices, condensed milk, or rum if needed.
3. Step: Chill in the fridge
Pour the eggnog into a glass bottle and place it in the fridge to chill for about 1 hour. Serve with a sprinkle of nutmeg or cinnamon.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
HOW TO STORE VEGAN EGGNOG?
Store the vegan eggnog in a glass bottle in the fridge.
HOW LONG DOES HOMEMADE VEGAN EGGNOG LAST?
Homemade vegan eggnog with alcohol will last for up to a week in the fridge. Without alcohol, it will last for up to 2-3 days.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE FOLLOWING:
- Hot Chocolate with Rum
- Salted Caramel Mocha Smoothie
- Gingerbread Cookies
- Walnut Crescent Cookies
- Gingerbread Sheet Cake with Molasses Frosting
- Hot Chocolate Cupcakes filled with ganache
If you try this recipe, please let me know by leaving a comment below, as well as giving a rating so that others may find this recipe. Also, share your photo on Instagram and tag @plantifulbakery.
Want to save this recipe for later? Add it to your board on Pinterest!
CREAMY VEGAN EGGNOG
- ¾ cup raw cashews, soaked in water for at least 2 hours and drained
- 1 cup unsweetened oat milk, or any plant-based milk
- ½ cup vegan condensed milk
- ½ cup dark rum, or bourbon or brandy
- pinch salt
- pinch turmeric
- pinch ground nutmeg
- pinch ground cinnamon
- To the high-speed blender, add soaked cashews and oat milk and blend on high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Add in vegan condensed milk, rum, a pinch of salt, turmeric, ground nutmeg and cinnamon. Blend to combine. Taste, add more spices, condensed milk, or rum if needed.
- Pour the eggnog into a glass bottle and place it in the fridge to chill for about 1 hour.
- Serve with a sprinkle of nutmeg or cinnamon. Enjoy!
Serving: 1 / Calories: 332kcal / Total Fat: 17,0g / Saturated Fat: 6,4g / Cholesterol: 0mg / Total Carbohydrate: 25,6g / Fiber: 2,0g / Sugar: 12,2g / Protein: 6,3g / Sodium: 77mg / Potassium: 211mg / Iron: 2,5mg