Making this Homemade Vegan Parmesan Cheese is so easy! It’s flavorful and so cheesy. You will need only four ingredients and a food processor or blender. And it’s done in less than 5 minutes!
THIS HOMEMADE VEGAN PARMESAN IS:
- super easy to make
- perfect for pasta dishes
WHAT IS HOMEMADE VEGAN PARMESAN CHEESE MADE OF?
- Raw cashews – Make sure they are unsalted and raw. Feel free to use any unsalted nuts (such as almonds), but I think that raw cashews work the best.
- Nutritional yeast – adds cheesy flavor.
- Garlic powder – adds extra flavor.
- Sea salt – Parmesan is a quite salty cheese, that’s why salt is an essential ingredient.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE VEGAN PARMESAN:
You will find the instructions and ingredients list in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Making this Parmesan Cheese is super easy:
Put raw cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and sea salt into a food processor or blender end pulse until ground and combined. Don’t blend (otherwise, it will start to blend into butter).
You can also add more spices to make it extra delicious.
WHERE TO ADD HOMEMADE PARMESAN CHEESE:
- pasta dishes (on top, in sauce – Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce)
- savory babka
- spring over roasted vegetable or potatoes
FOR HOW LONG DOES HOMEMADE PARMESAN CHEESE LAST?
It can last for about 4-6 weeks in a glass container at room temperature and up to 8-10 weeks in the fridge.
If you love making this homemade parmesan recipe then try out some other recipes:
- Creamy Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
- Tofu Scramble (Vegan Scrambled Eggs)
- Creamy Roasted Pumpkin Soup
- Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
- Homemade Vegan Nutella – Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- The Best Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Cinnamon Coffee Cake
If you try this recipe, please let me know by leaving a comment below. Or share your photo on Instagram and tag @plantifulbakery.
EASY HOMEMADE VEGAN PARMESAN CHEESE
- 100 grams raw cashews, unsalted, (=⅔ cup)
- 27 grams nutritional yeast, (=6 tbsp)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- Put raw cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and sea salt into a food processor or blender and pulse until ground and combined. Don't blend (otherwise, it will start to blend into butter).
- Store in a glass container with a lid at room temperature or in the fridge.
- Use in pasta sauces, on top of pasta, pizza, roasted vegetables, in pesto, …